Saturday, January 23, 2010

Katie and Haiti

Katie never ceases to amaze me.  She is such an empathic person.  She is very concerned about what is happening in Haiti.  She called into last night's telethon and donated all of her money ($23).  She also is selling an old scooter and is going to donate the money to Haiti.  Her school is collecting shoes for the Soles 4 Souls project and she is trying to figure out which shoes from our family can be donated.  It makes me so proud to have a daughter that thinks of other people.  When Don told her she didn't have to donate all of her money she told him that it was her money and she wanted to donate it.  She also told him how lucky we are to live where we live and have all of the things we have.  If you know Katie, you can probably hear her voice as she explained how horrible conditions in Haiti are.  Of course, she had one hand on her hip and the other gesturing in the air as she spoke.  I love that girl!

2 comments:

Shari said...

What an amazing little girl you have. It brings tears to my eyes. Ian and Cesira have also donated their money. There are a couple containers set up at their school, and they both donated their money before even telling me about it.

Michelle said...

That really is great Kerry! I wish I could say the same for Avry but her money is still in her little bank. Hmmm... Katie has such a big heart.