Life sure has a way of keeping my busy. Hard to believe that's it's already the middle of November. Since my last post a lot of things have changed. Here's a quick list:
- This summer we took a road trip to WA to attend my sister's wedding, hang out for a week in OR and then attend my cousin's wedding. It was a great trip with a ton of fun memories. It's not too often my entire side of the family is together, so it was extra special.
- We moved! We love our new house and especially our new neighborhood. Don's parents moved into our other house, so it's a win-win.
- The kids are at the same school! Alex started 1st grade and Katie is in 4th grade.
- Since both kids are in school all day, I've started subbing for the school district. I was a little worried about how it would all work out with getting the kids to and from school, but we've worked it out. I prefer to take jobs at early start schools, (7:00-8:00 starts) because they get out just after 2:00 which gives me enough time to get to the kids' school by 3:20 when the get out. Don takes them in the morning. It works out great because they don't have to ride the bus and I don't have to pay for Safe Key. Plus, I LOVE being there when Alex bursts out of the doors at the end of the day shouting, "Mom!" and telling me his day was great. It's one of the best parts of my day.
- Every Wednesday I get to volunteer in both Katie and Alex's classes. I truly love getting to know the kids in their classes and getting to be a part of their school life. They both love having me there too. I love both of their teachers.
- We're still following the Paleo Diet Lifestyle. It's been a struggle with the kids sometimes, they still just want to have cereal for breakfast, but I've seen positive health changes in all of us, so I'm holding my ground.
- I'm taking an on-line 3 credit graduate class as part of the credits I need to renew my teaching license. It's an interesting subject, but as no surprise to me, I really prefer the classroom setting over the on-line setting. I also took a two Saturday one credit class, so once I complete this course I will only have 2 credits left to earn. It's sure a change to say, "I have to go work on my homework."
- Alex has been playing soccer this fall. To my surprise, he really enjoys it and is a great player. The thing about Alex is that he always gives it 110%. He is a very coachable kid and he has a great attitude. I think it will serve him well in life.