Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Playing like a 3 year old



I've been really enjoying watching Alex play and think lately. Last week his buddy, Bryce, was over and it was so much fun playing with them. We played a few rounds of "Feed the Kitty", then we spent a lot of time building the marble tower. The boys had so much fun watching the marbles run through. They helped me build 3 different set ups. It made me realize that I should do things like that with the kids more often. Who cares if the kitchen is clean, playing with the kids is so much more fun.






This weekend we got a smokin' hot deal on a match box space set. ($12, originally over $50!! Oh and I picked up two, so the next boy to have a birthday is getting a really awesome present from the Oppenheims!) The set has space ships, rocket blasters, aliens, spacemen and a bunch of fun stuff. Alex is so cute with it. There are two sets of directions and he keeps trying to figure out how to put all the pieces together. He's really figuring out how to read the directions. You should have seen his face when I showed him that the little space ships can shoot missiles. It was priceless.

We love playing games as a family. Lately we've been playing a lot of Feed the Kitty, Littlest Pet Shop, Sequence for Kids, Dominoes, and Candy Land. I love that at 3 years old, Alex is a great game player. He has a pretty long attention span, and understands the ins and outs of all of the games. He's even pretty good at giving up a token in Littlest Pet Shop when somebody else gets to steal it from him.

2 comments:

Almen, Almond, or Almendra said...

I love 3 year olds too! I can't wait to do it all over again! Do they lose the marbles that come with that set? Just curious.

Michelle said...

I love 3 years olds too but not today. :)

Where did you find the matchbox deal? The marble game looks like lots of fun. What's that called? I wonder if I just sat for Bryton and played one game with him a day if that would improve his overall behavior. I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for the inspiration!