Saturday, February 7, 2009

Katie


Alex has two posts all about him, so I should really share a bit about Katie. She's modeling one of the two dresses that she and Grandpa picked out for her Birthday & Christmas presents. She loved going shopping with Grandpa. She modeled the dresses for him and when he saw this one on her, he said that was the one. She was really funny about it, he was going to let her pick out the dresses, but she said since it was a present from Grandpa he had to pick them out!

Katie is really good at numbers. She can add up 4 numbers without missing a beat. She's getting pretty good at counting money too. She's got counting by 5s and 10s down. I love playing Rat a Tat Cat with her...she usually beats the socks off of me. I think she's finally gaining confidence in reading. It surprises me how much she struggles with reading because I know she has all the skills to read, but lack the confidence. Plus, her favorite things are books. She likes reading books more than anything, well watching movies is a really close second! Tonight she has already read me 4 different books, so I think she's finally feeling like a reader. I was so surprised and pleased that she did her "P" homework on her own, without complaining, and read the entire little paragraph by herself and filled in the blank by herself.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Fancy, Katie! That is so cool that Grandpa takes her shopping!
Way to go with the reading. It is amazing to see how how far they have come this school year.

Jenna said...

Sweet Katie with a beautiful dress! You devote as many posts to her and her accomplishments as you can. I love to hear about all the kids!

Michelle said...

Katie and her fancy dresses... love it! That's really good she read the paragraph by herself. She IS reading!