Monday, January 5, 2009

My Mom.

It's been 5 years since my mom died. I was looking at some of the pictures I have of her and us and it really makes me happy. OK, I admit, it makes me a little sad too. I found a picture I didn't know I had. It's of my mom and I making Patecia, the bread she made every year at Christmas. I still have not perfected making it. I try every year, in fact this year the middle was raw! Well, I have two small loaves in the freezer that I think are OK. She always made some for her dad every year. I've yet to be able to give any as a gift!


I know she was so excited to be a Grandma. I just wish she would have got to do it longer. This is one of the last pictures I have of her with Katie.


Here are a few of my favorite pictures of mom. I wish I had the one of us when I was little, I'm sitting on a giant snow ball in my blue coat with the fur lined hood. It's always been my favorite picture.




4 comments:

mrsjtg said...

A nice tribute, Kerry! You resemble her a lot.

Jenna said...

Hi Kerry, I'm feeling a bit emotional writing this as only someone who's been there can. A big hug to you across the miles and a prayer that your mom is relishing eternal peace. Our babies are just too young not to know their grandmas...

Michelle said...

She looks so happy in every picture. I know what you mean about seeing pictures and feeling happy and sad. I feel that way when I see pictures of my Dad too. I'm sure all of our kids have great gardian angels watching over them!

Nichole said...

Michelle stole what I was going to write. Sometimes I can smile at pictures of my dad, and sometimes tears.
Thanks for sharing.