Sunday, January 4, 2009

The great treasure hunt!

My dad and his wife, Corinne, stopped by for a visit on their way to winter in Arizona. One of Dad's hobbies is Geocaching, which is using a GPS and the coordinates to find hidden "treasure." The kids always love to go "treasure hunting" with Grandpa. So, Friday afternoon we went treasuring hunting. We found a few caches, but only one had treasure. Some of them just have a place to record that you found it. It's a pretty fun hobby and I'm so glad the kids can share it with their Grandpa. We might just have to invest in our own equipment so we can take advantage of all of the caches we can hunt for in Vegas.








4 comments:

mrsjtg said...

We have some friends that do that, and I think it sounds like so much fun!

Almen, Almond, or Almendra said...

Only your daughter would wear her fanciest dress to hunt!

Kerry said...

Oh, that is definatley not her fanciest dress! LOL. The day my dad arrived he told her he was surprised she wasn't wearing a dress, but that morning I had made her change out of one of her fancy ones into pants! So, of course, I had to let her wear a dress the next day!

Connie said...

That cracks me up...the dress in the middle of "geo" collecting....LOL Love it!