Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Eggs

OK, It's been a while since I posted....

Why is it that project ideas from magazines seem simple and look great, IN THE MAGAZINE, but when I attempt it, it's not so simple?

So, I read an article in a magazine about coloring Easter Eggs using bleeding art tissue. Seemed simple enough, we've done tissue paper art before on construction paper. You paint over it with water, the pull it off the paper when it dries and it leaves cool designs on the paper. I was so excited for coloring our eggs this year!

Well, we tried it with our eggs this year. They actually turned out pretty neat, but not exactly what I pictured. The lighter colors didn't really work so well. I did end up resorting to food coloring and vinegar to make the decorating project go a little faster. About 1/2 of our eggs were dyed the traditional way and the other half got the tissue paper treatment. At least the kids had fun!

No comments: